Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Oh-So-Busy "Down Time"

So, at the end of our last transmission, I had mentioned the Krampus film project that I helped produce in January with my man, Louis Bekoe. I can't quite recall if I knew this when I last typed, but "A Killer Christmas Carol" was selected to be part of the Con Carolinas Film Fest. So, we get to premiere the film at the Con on June 4th. I like the idea of premiering it a "Fandom" Con, and am tickled that our almost "campy" little slasher flick will be screened. That will keep us busy on Saturday. The Mad Ones are screening "The Missionary Man" Friday night, then participating in the Film Fest Saturday, awaiting the Rise of the Giant Red Wookie (aka "Krampus"). So, that's great news on the StumbleMuse front...

However, I will be shedding the StumbleMuse label for the next 4 days and reclaiming my main moniker as Mad One Number Dos. Filming commences tomorrow in my bedroom for Hot Pink Jesus 3, and that will be followed by an ambitious 4 day workload. Jaysen has been hard at work over the last 5 months, pre planning, arranging, negotiating, scheduling, losing sleep that he never really had to leverage, all in anticipation of this weekend. This will be an ambitious set. Rather than splitting filming across 2 or 3 months, the Mad Ones will be shooting all Principal photography (95% at least) for a 25-30 minute movie in just 4 days. This has taken a herculean amount of organization, shot list wrangling, and frantic obsession, and you can SEE IT in Jaysen's eyes. So, we shoot that this weekend. We will do a quick "teaser trailer" over the Memorial Day weekend, and then we'll have something NEW to show at the Con. Buzzworthy. I know I plan on catching a few at the Con.

After I conclude the Con, then the 48 will be HERE. I'm "loaded for Bear" this year, and am managing my largest team EVER in this year's 48. I've worked So Hard wrangling the crew, and getting permission for music. I need to see some permission slips signed for Locations. I still need a Gaffer / experienced Boom Mike operator. But that's all still attainable. I have 35 days until then, and I've offered the job to two folks, hoping one will take it. It's a smaller, not very glorious job, but I have TONS of Directors and Producers as it is... Sometimes you need Less Chiefs, more Indians... If one of these two guys I accepts, my team will number 25. I like the synergy of that number.

On that note, I'll close this installment. HPJ3 Looms, but I feel up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment