Tuesday, June 1, 2010

10 Days until the 48

So, I've left this blog unattended the last couple of months, as us Mad Ones have been busy. Jaysen has been working on some expansive screenplays, and we have finished "principal shooting" on the first 30 minute installment of the "Gospel According to Booze, Bullets, and Hot Pink Jesus." (part 1 of a trilogy) Filming went incredibly well for that, and we are excited to see what our editors can do with the footage.

My team has finalized nicely for this year's 48 Hour Film Project. Our dear friend, Jesse Knight, has pledged his talents to our group, so that's a definite "coup" in my favor. Jesse brings a calm level-headed demeanor to that set, and I always rally around his calm when facing the "eye of the storm." My cast has been set for months, and my crew has finally all coalesced as well. One of my Production Assistants, Brittany Carroll, has offered us a giant list of possible shooting locales, as her father is a big player in the Greensboro real estate market. Talk about a wonderful addition to the team.

I have been listening to "Wicker" by the Josh Phillips Folk Festival for the last week, and find myself really hoping we pull a genre that can use his music. He was so gracious to give me permission, I really hope that we can spotlight his album accordingly...

So, with most of my details mangled and strangled, not much left to do but plan menus, pull a good genre, and hope for a productive, amazing weekend of filming. Cause if we don't do it, someone else will... I really hope that it's StumbleMuse who amazes and wows people this year...

In an entirely unrelated note, but one which will cause examination later, my partner-in-crime for the Mad Ones, Jaysen Buterin, has been asked to Judge the 48 this year... So, my partner is a judge... I hope our film is Amazing, and rises above any speculation from any other film teams...

But we'll see...

We got the Cast... the Crew... the Locations... the Music... Now I just need some luck when pulling our genre on the 11th.

Until then, my fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment